Jesse A. Langer
Shareholder, East Haven
Jesse A. Langer is a Shareholder who practices in the areas of administrative proceedings, energy and utilities, real estate development, commercial litigation and employment.
- Administrative Proceedings – Mr. Langer appears regularly before various administrative agencies, representing clients in application, licensure and petition proceedings, as well as those intervening in such proceedings. He represents clients before a variety of administrative agencies including, but not limited to, childcare, consumer protection, energy, healthcare, property valuation, telecommunications and transportation.
- Telecommunications - Mr. Langer represents telecommunications providers and tower companies in the negotiation, acquisition, permitting and implementation of wireless telecommunications facilities. He has successfully navigated clients through the permitting process for telecommunications facilities. Mr. Langer has significant experience handling siting and land use matters related to such matters, particularly before the Connecticut Siting Council.
- Energy & Utilities - Mr. Langer represents public service companies concerning a variety of regulatory and legal matters. He also represents private power producers through the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection selection process, the negotiation of power purchase agreements, the regulatory process before the Public Utility Regulatory Authority, the Connecticut Siting Council and post-compliance matters. Mr. Langer also represents municipalities and property owners in the negotiation of power purchase agreements, leases and other instruments related to the development of renewable energy facilities.
- Real Estate Development – Mr. Langer represents clients in all phases of land use and development and provides counsel on issues related to zoning and compliance.
- Commercial Litigation - Mr. Langer represents individual and corporate clients in a variety of matters including contract disputes, real property litigation and construction disputes.
- Employment - Mr. Langer handles all types of employment matters including discrimination and breach of contract claims, as well as negotiating severance agreements and other employment agreements.
Prior to joining private practice, Mr. Langer clerked for the Honorable Ellen Ash Peters, retired Chief Justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court, at the Connecticut Appellate Court. He also served as a research clerk for the Connecticut Superior Court, and interned for the Honorable Dominic J. Squatrito, District Court Judge for the District of Connecticut.
Mr. Langer was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in Connecticut for 2013 and 2014.
J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, CT 2001
Lead articles editor, Connecticut Insurance Law Journal
B.A., Government, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT 1996
Connecticut Bar Association
New Haven Bar Association
Milford Boy’s & Girl’s Club
Board of Directors (2012-2014)
Jewish Federation of Western Connecticut; Board of Trustees (2016-Present)
Jewish Federation of Western Connecticut; Grants and Allocations Committee (2014- Present)
U.S. Supreme Court
State of Connecticut
United States District Court, District of Connecticut
Combating Discriminatory Insurance Practices: Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act, 6 CONN. INS. L.J. 435 (2000)
Symposium Introduction: Deciphering Posner's Insurance Jurisprudence, 7 CONN. INS. L.J. 1 (2001)