UKS is always searching for talented attorneys and staff who are interested in working in a fast-paced environment for a firm that has the privilege of serving as counsel to many of Connecticut's largest companies. To learn more about lateral opportunities, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Associate Attorney
Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C., a preeminent mid-sized law firm with four offices throughout Connecticut, is accepting applications for a business and transactional associate attorney with a minimum of 3-5 years of corporate/transactional experience. The position will offer significant client interaction and opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Applicants must be licensed to practice in Connecticut.
The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits packages.
Job Type: Full-time
Position: Records /Copy & Mail Center/ Reception Specialist
Performs all functions related to Records Department, Copy & Mail Center and Reception according to established department procedures and assists with special projects as requested.
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a law office or a similar work environment
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, scanner, photocopier, barcode scanner, mail machine and fax machine
- Ability to lift boxes of files and push & pull carts or dollies of files to 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform all duties with minimal supervision, individually or as part of the team
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of file management system and database
- Knowledge of record management software, creation, storage, retrieval, retention, and destruction of electronic and paper documents
- Ability to conduct conflict searches accurately and in a timely manner
- Knowledge of new matter intake forms, related parties & practice areas
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone console systems, standard records and mail processing equipment, including, but not limited to: computers, printers, shredders, velo binders, reprographic instruments, bar-coding scanners, mail machines and scales
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Related to Records Department: Perform conflict searches, process new business intake forms, prepare labels, process files and subfiles, send & retrieve files from offsite storage
- Related to Copy Center: Photocopy, scan, print, GBC & Velo bind, burn CDs, prepare mail and postage, pickup and drop off mail, send and receive Fax
- Related to Reception: Operate multi-line telephone console, relay all intra-system calls to appropriate attorneys and staff, meet & greet clients and visitors
- Other areas: Maintain and replenish kitchen supplies, place order from the designated vendor as required
Position: Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full-time in the office
Midsized Hartford based Law Firm has an immediate opportunity in our New Haven office location for an experienced litigation legal secretary/administrative assistant. Our firm offers competitive salary and benefits, sophisticated work, and a collegial work environment.
- Generate, prepare, and organize documentation and forms
- Coordinate court filings including E-filings
- Transcribing Lawyers’ dictation, audio notes and written notes
- Managing records, projects and calendars to promote smooth functionality
- Proofreading legal documents
- Indexing and updating pleadings and discovery binders
- Collecting and delivering documents
- Managing diaries for Attorneys
- Support legal research and communicating with vendors, Lawyers, opposing counsel and other staff
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in a law firm environment supporting a number of lawyers in the area of litigation
- Familiarity with legal terminology and documentation
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products, specifically Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team of Lawyers and support staff
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- A professional and courteous manner
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.