UKS is always searching for talented attorneys and staff who are interested in working in a fast-paced environment for a firm that has the privilege of serving as counsel to many of Connecticut's largest companies. To learn more about lateral opportunities, please contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com.
CORPORATE LEGAL SECRETARY/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C., a preeminent mid-sized law firm with five offices throughout Connecticut, has an immediate opening for a corporate/transaction legal secretary/administrative assistant in our downtown Hartford office. This is a full time position with benefits. Strong computer and word processing skills necessary. Experience with supporting a corporate/transaction practice group a plus. 1-2 years law firm experience preferred, will consider training a candidate that has strong IT skills and a willingness to learn. Pay commensurate with experience.
The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits packages and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
The Network Administrator’s primary function is to ensure the continuous availability of the local and wide area data communications infrastructure. The Network Administrator addresses network outages and end user issues, recommends enhancements to the existing network infrastructure and ensures that required documentation is complete and up-to-date, including technical standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Project planning and management with experience driving projects through to a timely and effective completion
- Performs technical and operational support for the firm’s server hardware and software inventory
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, email and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies
- Performs user account setup, troubleshooting and administration within Exchange 2010 and Office 365 Hosted Exchange
- Manages Group Policy Objects (GPOs) through GPMC
- Manages entire scope of Active Directory using Windows AD Administrative tools
- Manages Windows Network Policy Servers (NPS )
- Using Windows WSUS, actively plan, coordinate and execute software patching and updating to the firms Server and Workstation environment
- Collaborates with other IT staff professionals on day-to-day tasks and special projects
- Monitors and administers the firms server monitoring tools to ensure the overall health of the network
- Management and administration of Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls and MR Wireless solutions
- Management of VMWare virtual environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of and experience with VMware vSphere, ESXi, and vCenter infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Windows Active Directory in a 2012/2016 Domain
- Strong knowledge of and experience with network switching infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, and vendors
- Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience
- Ability to document “Procedures and Instructions” in a technical format
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload
- Ability to safely lift, move and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems required. The position requires a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience in a law firm setting during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
- Microsoft MCSE / VMware VCP / Cisco CCNP Certification are a plus
Job Type: Full-time