UKS is always searching for talented attorneys and staff who are interested in working in a fast-paced environment for a firm that has the privilege of serving as counsel to many of Connecticut's largest companies. To learn more about lateral opportunities, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Associate Attorney
Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C., a preeminent mid-sized law firm with four offices throughout Connecticut, is accepting applications for a business and transactional associate attorney with a minimum of 3-5 years of corporate/transactional experience. The position will offer significant client interaction and opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Applicants must be licensed to practice in Connecticut.
The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits packages.
Job Type: Full-time
Position: IT Support Analyst
Under the direct supervision of the IT Director, and according to established policies and procedures, the IT Support Analyst ensures the secure and efficient operation of the office’s systems, networks, applications, databases, telecommunications, end-user devices (PC’s, laptops, PDA’s, printers, phones), and associated equipment/infrastructure by receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Receives end-user technical requests promptly and courteously via telephone, e-mail, in-person, or other methods.
- Documents all pertinent end-user information, including name, department, contact information, nature of problem or issue, and problem details, following established help desk procedures.
- Prioritizes and schedules, resolves, or escalates end-user technical requests in a courteous, timely, appropriate, and effective manner following established Help Desk service-level agreements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves assigned end-user technical problems and issues over the phone, using remote-control utilities, or in-person at the desktop level.
- Tests fixes/solutions and provides follow-up communication with the end-user to ensure technical problems or issues have been adequately resolved.
- Uses software updates, drivers, utilities, knowledge bases, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and internet research tools to aid problem resolution and documentation following established change management procedures.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing, upgrading, configuring, testing, monitoring, and troubleshooting end-user hardware and software.
- Performs regular preventive and corrective maintenance on end-user equipment, including desktop PCs, laptops, printers, phones, and mobile devices.
- Accurately documents desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Ensures that physical end-user connections (i.e., RJ-45 and RJ-11 jacks) are in proper working order.
- Assesses and communicates security risks associated with current and future technology implementations and solutions, including applicable processes.
- Ensures that information security measures and equipment adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The employee must be able to perform all essential job duties and responsibilities of this position satisfactorily and as outlined, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Associate degree in a technology or business-related field and two years of relevant work experience.
- Prior law firm experience involving direct user support for a minimum of one year is strongly desired.
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or CompTIA A+ Technician is desired.
- Strong understanding and technical knowledge of PC operating systems, general and specialized legal applications, PC hardware and peripherals, and mobile devices, including Microsoft Windows, M365, Avaya, e-mail, file and print services, data retention and recovery, remote access, network and PC security, laser and inkjet printers, iOS, and mobile phones.
- Demonstrated understanding of Windows 2016, 2019, and 2022 server-related technologies (IIS, Active Directory, TCP/IP).
- Demonstrated general troubleshooting ability, including hardware and software.
- Strong understanding of problem management, change management, and IT best practices.
- Strong understanding of the firm’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues and data privacy laws and practices.
- Ability to travel to UKS offices in other cities as may be required to support the firm’s technology services.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements of this position. As such, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of job duties or responsibilities required in this job. Subject to firm needs, duties and responsibilities of this position may change at any time, on a temporary or permanent basis, and with or without notice.
- On-call availability and periodic overtime during nights and weekends
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (i.e., printers) up to 50 pounds.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like.
Position: Records, Copy & Mail Center, Reception Supervisor
Following UKS's established procedures, the supervisor will oversee and handle all day-to-day functions of the Records Department, Copy & Mail Center, and Reception. The position requires efficiently managing the workflow and any special projects assigned from time to time. Interfacing with the Director, coordinating with attorneys and other staff members of the firm for completing day-to-day tasks and special projects in a timely and efficient manner shall be expected.
Job Responsibilities & Functions:
(Including but not limited to)
- Handling day-to-day operations for Record Room, Copy Center, and Reception
- Processing and updating the file records in our record management system
- Processing search requests, conflict checks and report-generation
- Processing file & records related inquiries from attorneys, paralegals and support staff
- Processing copy center related functions such as copying, printing, binding, scanning, burning CDs as requested
- Processing mail center functions including overnight deliveries
- Training summer interns and other employees as required
- Operate a multi-line telephone console in order to relay incoming, outgoing and intra-system calls and direct telephone calls to appropriate attorneys and staff
- Maintaining and purchasing supplies for kitchen and other office supplies
- Greet clients and visitors
Desired Technical Skills:
- Ideal candidate must possess proficient computer skills
- Knowledge using: Microsoft Office products, LMS+ Software, New Business Intake forms, iManage document storage software, mailing and overnight delivery systems
- Concept of databases and electronic records management
- Knowledge of file/record operations: creating, tracking, labeling, delivery, closure, tagging, retrieval, interfiling, and storage
- Familiarity with binding techniques and handling large volume booklet production
- Familiarity with multi-line telephone
- Experience working in Law firm
- Familiarity with conflict searches and legal practice areas
- Able to prioritize assigned tasks and able to multi-task
- Aptitude to work independently and in a team environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Establish professional working relationships with vendors, co-workers and other firm employees
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Aptitude to learn and upgrade skills as needed, from time to time
Position: Records /Copy & Mail Center/ Reception Specialist
Performs all functions related to Records Department, Copy & Mail Center and Reception according to established department procedures and assists with special projects as requested.
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in a law office or a similar work environment
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, scanner, photocopier, barcode scanner, mail machine and fax machine
- Ability to lift boxes of files and push & pull carts or dollies of files to 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform all duties with minimal supervision, individually or as part of the team
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of file management system and database
- Knowledge of record management software, creation, storage, retrieval, retention, and destruction of electronic and paper documents
- Ability to conduct conflict searches accurately and in a timely manner
- Knowledge of new matter intake forms, related parties & practice areas
- Knowledge of multi-line telephone console systems, standard records and mail processing equipment, including, but not limited to: computers, printers, shredders, velo binders, reprographic instruments, bar-coding scanners, mail machines and scales
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Related to Records Department: Perform conflict searches, process new business intake forms, prepare labels, process files and subfiles, send & retrieve files from offsite storage
- Related to Copy Center: Photocopy, scan, print, GBC & Velo bind, burn CDs, prepare mail and postage, pickup and drop off mail, send and receive Fax
- Related to Reception: Operate multi-line telephone console, relay all intra-system calls to appropriate attorneys and staff, meet & greet clients and visitors
- Other areas: Maintain and replenish kitchen supplies, place order from the designated vendor as required
Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.