Stefan R. Sjoberg
Stefan R. Sjoberg is an associate in the Firm’s Hartford office. He is a member of the Firm’s Business & Corporate Services and Real Estate Practice Groups.
Mr. Sjoberg is a passionate and personable corporate attorney who counsels clients on a variety of business matters. Having earned both an MBA and a law degree, he appreciates the challenges and opportunities businesses face in our community. In his transactional capacity, Mr. Sjoberg provides legal services beginning with pre-deal negotiations through post-closing deliverables.
Mr. Sjoberg has worked with clients from a variety of industries on transactions ranging from residential real estate closings to nine figure M&A deals.
In addition to his position at Updike Kelly and Spellacy, P.C., Mr. Sjoberg serves as adjunct faculty professor at Western New England University School of Law.
- Performed due diligence for manufacturing client in the sale of its assets to a competitor for consideration of $170,000,000
- Represented lender in an unsecured loan to an out of state non-profit entity in the amount of $5,000,000
- Represented publicly traded company in the sale of the assets of its subsidiary for consideration of $8,000,000
- Represented closely held entity in the sale of its assets to a competitor for consideration of $4,000,000
- Represented Buyers and Sellers through various residential real estate transactions throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut for consideration ranging between $150,000 - $4,000,000, including 1031 exchanges
- Represented manufacturing entity in the sale of its assets to a competitor for $2,000,000
- Performed due diligence for a transportation industry client in the sale of its assets to a competitor for consideration of $100,000,000
- Counseled a non-profit client through the tax considerations of operating an international sport showcase
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D.
- Western New England University School of Business, M.B.A.
- Quinnipiac University, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
- Board Member (September 2020 - September 2021)
- New Lawyers Section, Chair (September 2020 - September 2021)
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association
- President of the board of Directors
- Nominations Committee, Chair (September 2020 - September 2021)
- Ronald McDonald House, Planned Giving Committee Member
- Viability, Finance Committee Member (September 2019-December 2020)
State of Connecticut
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
While at Western New England University School of Law, Stefan earned CALI Excellence Awards in Accounting for Lawyers, Bioethics, End of Life Law and Public Speaking for Lawyers. He was also presented with the “Dean’s Award,” which recognizes one graduating student whose characteristics and record of service demonstrate the core values of the University.