Jason T. Martinez
Jason T. Martinez is an associate in the Firm’s Hartford office, where he practices in the areas of commercial lending & banking, real estate finance & leasing, public finance, venture capital & private equity, intellectual property, and technology & emerging companies.
While in law school, Mr. Martinez participated in an Intellectual Property and Technology Clinic and represented trademark clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Martinez also took part in a Law and Technology seminar and helped develop a practice management system for the UConn Animal Law Clinic as well as an interactive guided online interview for the Connecticut Legal Rights Project, providing low-income populations with better access to justice. Mr. Martinez also served as the Academic Chair for the Black Law Students Association, Pupil for the Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court professional society, and Lead Article and Abstract Editor for the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal.
Prior to law school, Mr. Martinez worked in healthcare and operations for nearly a decade.
Mr. Martinez received his J.D., with honors, from the University Of Connecticut School Of Law and earned his B.A. in Psychology from the University of Connecticut.
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, CT, 2019
- CALI Excellence Award for Performance in Criminal Law
- CALI Excellence Award for Performance in Law, Consciousness & Free Will
- CALI Excellence Award for Performance in Intellectual Property & Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Recipient of Nicholas Wolfson Corporate Scholarship
- B.A., Psychology, University of Connecticut, 2006
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- George Crawford Black Bar Association
- Connecticut Hispanic Bar Association
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court, Pupil (2018-2019)
- State of Connecticut